
Max had his hearing test on Monday (Dad took him -- I didn't think I could show my face in the audiology department quite yet ;). As we suspected, but wanted to confirm, the boy has very good hearing. This would explain why he
always wakes up if you go into his room at night, no matter how quietly you try to tip toe. Max was much better behaved at his appointment than he was at Molly's, so I don't think we've been blacklisted quite yet!
The terrible teeth are still working their way through -- Max is alternately a total riot or a total crab butt. His latest game is to carry toys from the family room through the kitchen and hurl them over the baby gate, laughing all the way. He's also starting to do a lot of pretend play. This evening he carried around a pot and wooden spoon and pretended to stir some imaginary concoction, then take a taste off of the spoon (or, even better, feed you a taste). He likes to pretend to talk on his play cell phone as well -- the conversation pretty much consists of "Hi!
Bye bye!" I think it is funny that he talks on the play phone but refuses to say a word to either grandma on the real phone when they want to say hi. Of course, on the less cute side of the coin, there are also thetantrums when he is told he can't have another cookie or it's time to change a diaper or unreasonable things of that nature.
Molly is still growing like crazy. She's always had a bit of baby acne, but she's recently developed a nasty-looking rash on her cheeks. It seems to get more red and inflamed when she rubs it on things or sleeps on it. I figured it was either more baby acne or some eczema, but since you AREN'T supposed to put moisturizer on baby acne and you ARE supposed to put it on eczema, I took her in to the doctor to get checked out. The doctor thought it was eczema, but she said the early stages of both types of rashes look similar. So, we're moisturizing, which might be helping, although it never seems to help the mystery rash that Max has on his arm (also presumed to be eczema). If anyone out there has any good eczema treatments, I'm all ears! Of course, while we were at the doctor's office, Molly finally got an official weigh in -- 14 lbs, 4 oz! I love that she's such a chunk.
I'm finally getting back into my old workout routine. This is the first full week of it and boy am I sore! I didn't realize how out of shape I was until I started exercising again. Speaking of workouts, the weight bench calls ...
5 Comments:
Ahhh...eczmea. Another of those unfortunate things I've become somewhat of an expert in. Holland has TERRIBLE eczema that started on her cheeks when she was about 3 months adjusted age. We have tried a LOT of things. The only thing that works for us is a daily bath, followed quickly by 2.5% hydrocortizone on the worst red patches, and head to toe rubdown in Aquaphor. I love Aquaphor. We should really own stock in it. At night we repeat the routine, but instead of a bath, we just spray her down with a water bottle!
We haven't resorted to hydrocortisone yet (I did try it on Max's mystery rash, but it didn't do a thing), but the doctor did recommend either Aquaphor or Eucerin. I got the Eucerin because I couldn't find the Aquaphor -- who carries it? We usually do the every-other-day bath -- I guess I always thought more bathing might make it worse. Neither kids' rash seems to bother them at all -- no itching or fussing about it, it just looks nasty!
i 2nd what billie said. i have horrible eczema. your body's oil works against you. the more you sweat, the more your skin reacts. i wash my scalp w/ a selenium sulfide solution. douse myself with cetaphil.
Whole Emu Oil, which you can get at any health food store works wonders for eczema in our house.
Kristin & Presleigh
My family and I suffered a bout of eczema recently. Thought you might like to learn a cure for surface eczema.
URLs are as follows
http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/
or
http://www.geocities.com/mikorange/Eczema_Treatment.html
Regards
Michael
PS: Appreciate if you tell everyone
Post a Comment
<< Home