
Everyone has heard the old saying, "It's better to give than to receive" -- I remember nodding my head up and down when I was younger and thinking, "Yeah, right!" It must be one of the signs that you've actually grown up (along with developing a love of large appliances and the ability to get excited about cleaning products) when that statement does become true.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year, not because of any gift that I might be getting, but because I can't wait to watch Max open his presents (Molly too, of course, but she's still too little to really "get it"). I did virtually all of my shopping online this year and the boxes have started arriving. As I open each one up and check the contents, it's all I can do to stop myself from dragging the toys upstairs and giving them to Max and Molly NOW. I can't wait to see the wonder and joy on their faces and it will be so fun to watch them enjoy their new toys. How many more days until Christmas???
1 Comments:
I feel the exact same way--I am more excited for Christmas than I have been since I was a kid. I can't WAIT to see J&A ripping into their presents and squealing with delight at the things I've chosen for them. The way I figure it, though, they owe me that. Keeping me young at heart is the least they could do for giving me my first gray hairs!
And oh my goodness, Molly looks like such a big girl in that picture! When did she grow up!??!
Post a Comment
<< Home