
I managed to have two children whose birthday timing is such that they will NEVER be able to bring in treats to school on their birthdays. But, since Max's birthday at least falls during the school year, I thought it would be fun to bring in belated birthday cupcakes (since it was our week to bring snack). I found the idea for these cupcakes in a magazines years before Max was born. I always thought they would be such a fun treat for little kids and stored the idea away. I thought a December birthday would be the perfect excuse to whip up a batch of these little guys.

It took a little longer to assemble them than I had anticipated, but they weren't difficult. The snowmen are made out of two large marshmallows, with about 1/3 of the top marshmallow cut off and squashed a bit to make it smaller than the body. The eyes are chocolate sprinkles, the nose is a slice of an orange Starburst, and the scarf is two stands of a pull-apart cherry Twizzler. Once they were assembled, the army of snowmen on my counter just made me giggle. Max was also delighted with the cupcakes (as were all of his classmates). We even saved one for Molly, who devoured it in one sitting (and then refused to eat her dinner).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home